Monday, September 1, 2014

Stolen Kayak

An ISA buddy of mine had his kayak stolen after a float of the
Kishwaukee River on Friday, August 29, from Beltline Rd. in New Milford.

Here is his story.....

Hey everyone, unfortunately I haven't been too active in reports for the last 2 years. After having my 1st son time has been a little harder to come by and while I still get out and fish, reporting on it has fallen by the wayside. I was excited to get out to the Kishwaukee yesterday, float a long stretch and follow up with a report (which I still will) but that excitement was snuffed out when my kayak was stolen while shuttling.

I would really appreciate anyone who is interested in keeping an eye out for me sending a PM and I'll include my phone # in case they come across it. I've filed a police report so if it's found they will get involved and return it to me. I know its a longshot but its all I've got right now. I'll be keeping my eyes on classifieds as well.


Details

Stolen from Beltline Rd at 7:30 8/29/14
Suspects are a 300+lb white male around 6ft with white male friend also average height and weight. They drove a 1997 Ford F150 in poor condition with a dark blue cab, and light blue bed.
They said they frequent Beltline Rd, and other parts of the river, claimed his birthday was 8/28.
The kayak is a 2011 FeelFree Moken 10 in Forest Camo with some (hidden info) and a registration sticker (IL######)
hul# - #########################

Story

We floated over 7 miles, from 10:30 to 7:00 and upon exiting at Beltline rd we met the people mentioned above. They looked like  dirtbags and I was unsure of them, we chatted for a while and I felt better, after meeting so many nice people without incident on the river I let my guard down and asked them to keep an eye on my kayak while we shuttled the cars. Upon return from picking up my car, 15 minutes or so, they were gone with my yak. I frequently will take pictures of license plates when leaving my kayak for shuttling, and for whatever reason I didn't this time. I'll chalk that up to 9 hours of sun and paddling.

Moral of the story is don't trust people I guess. I'll hopefully be able to save up for a new  yak eventually and will be buying a chain and lock to go along with it. I really appreciate anyone who would make a mental note to keep an eye out for me. I'll post the actual report later today.

Thanks,
Ben


The kayak should stick out like a sore thumb on the Kish as it is unique in design and this type of kayak just can't be bought in the Rockford area.




Ben enjoying his FeelFreee Moken 10....



9/5/14 UPDATE

Click here [X] to see the truck

No comments:

Post a Comment